|Make a run on HQ. If successful, instead of accessing cards you may force the Corp to lose up to 5, then you gain 2 for each credit lost and take 2 tags.|
Account Siphon is a faction-defining run event for Criminals that provides very strong HQ pressure. It initiates a run on HQ that, if successful, can replace the Access Phase with stealing the Corporation's funds. For each credit up to 5 that the Corporation is forced to lose, the Runner gains 2.
Account Siphon also gives the runner 2 tags, which are taken at the same time as the credits are gained. It is one of only a handful of methods by which the Runner can self-tag.
|Page 5, Column 1, Paragraph(s) 10-11, FAQ|
|The Runner can choose to not use the ability on Account Siphon when the run is successful. If he does, he does not take any tags.
If the Runner ends up running successfully on another server than HQ, the "If successful…" effect on Account Siphon cannot be triggered.
- FAQ 1.0.13 - Account Siphon cannot be combined with other run events or actions that initiate runs.
- FAQ 1.2.18 - because the tags and the credits are taken at the same time, the credits gained from Account Siphon cannot be used to pay for abilities that avoid the tags
FAQ 1.5.35 - the Runner can choose between Account Siphon's effect and the effect of a that has chosen HQReversed by FAQ 2.1.
- FAQ 2.1 - Security Testing triggers at step 4.4 of a run, and replaces the access. Security Testing is also a required ability and the Runner cannot choose to not use it. Account Siphon does not trigger until step 4.5 of the run, at which point Security Testing has already resolved.
- Recurring credits are not in the Corporation's credit pool and thus cannot be forced to be lost with Account Siphon.:
- triggers before Account Siphon's replacement effect resolves, so the Corporation can spend credits on Manhunt's trace to avoid giving the Runner credits from Account Sihpon.:
- Reversing the FAQ entry above. Security Testing triggers and resolves before Account Siphon can resolve, and it is a required conditional ability. Therefore, it always takes precedence over Account Siphon without offering the Runner any choice.:
The card is loosely based on the card Edited Shipping Manifests from the original Netrunner TCG. However, Edited Shipping Manifests had a play cost of 1, made the corp lose only 1, the runner would always get 10 and would take only 1 tag.