This is the eighth in a series of unofficial FAQs released with each new data pack. Below are rulings from the ANCUR staff regarding some of the cards in Blood Money, as approved by the lead designer Michael Boggs.
1. During a run initiated by Credit Crash, is the Runner required to reveal the accessed card to the Corp if it is accessed from R&D?
|The card must be revealed. This effect requires the Corp to act on an element of the card, so it is satisfied by the Corp examining that card.|
2. If the Corp prevents the trashing of the first card accessed with Credit Crash, can the Runner still trash that card normally?
3. Does the Corp have to forfeit an agenda to rez Ibrahim Salem while Rumor Mill is active?
|No, Ibrahim Salem’s text box is considered blank while Rumor Mill is active, even if Ibrahim Salem is inactive.|
4. Does the Runner add Director Haas to their score area if they trash it when accessing it from R&D while Rumor Mill is active?
|No. Director Haas’s text box is considered blank while Rumor Mill is active, even if Director Haas is not installed.|
5. What happens to cards hosted on Worlds Plaza while Rumor Mill is active?
|They remain hosted. A blank card does not have any hosting abilities or restrictions, so anything already hosted on it remains hosted.|
6. If the Corp has The Twins installed, which goes first, Nfr or The Twins? If The Twins is used first, does Nfr still gain a counter after the second encounter?
7. Can the Runner spend credits on Cloak to install Paperclip from the heap?
|No. While triggering Paperclip’s ability from the heap is considered using Paperclip, paying the install cost is part of the install action and not a cost of using the ability.|
8. Can the Runner use Paperclip’s paid ability even if its strength doesn’t match a piece of ice?
|Yes, you can always trigger the ability to get the strength boost. However, if the strength of Paperclip does not match the ice’s strength after this part of the ability resolves, the “break subroutines” part will not do anything.|
9. Can the Runner trash Paperclip for Null’s ability and then install Paperclip at the same encounter step?
|No. In order for Paperclip’s ability to meet its trigger condition, it must be in the heap at the time the encounter occurs.|
10. Can the Runner use Golden to derez Troll?
|No. The Runner cannot use Golden to break any subroutines on Troll, so the usage requirement for Golden has no way of being satisfied.|
11. What happens if the remote server chosen for Temujin Contract is destroyed?
|Any credits still on Temujin Contract remain on it, but the card does not have any abilities that let you take them.|
12. Does Khan’s ability trigger if an encountered ice is trashed?
13. If a Runner with Doppelganger uses Data Breach, can he or she choose in which order their effects trigger?
14. What does it mean for the Corp to “have” a certain number of credits?
|This means that the player has that number of credits in their credit pool. Recurring credits and other credits hosted on cards do not count unless they say otherwise.|
15. With Beth Kilrain-Chang installed, if the Corp has 9Cr and a scored Corporate Sales Team when the Runner's turn begins, does the Runner gain 1Cr, draw 1 card, or both?
|The Runner must choose an option they are able to fulfill if possible. If they don’t have 2, they must trash an installed card. If the Runner doesn’t have any installed cards, they can’t fulfill either option, so they get to keep their 1.|
18. Can Enforcing Loyalty be used to trash installed Corp cards?
19. Do neutral cards match the faction of any Runner’s identity?
|Neutral cards do not belong to any faction, so Enforcing Loyalty can trash them against any Runner identity.|
20. Can Hatchet Job add a corp card to the Runner's grip?
21. Can Hatchet Job add a facedown virtual card to the Runner's grip?
22. Can the Corp play Special Report and choose to shuffle 0 cards into R&D?
23. Can the Corp play Special Report when it is the only card in HQ?
|Yes, Special Report can shuffle R&D even if you have no other cards in HQ, so it has the potential to change the game state and can be played.|
24. Can the Corp play Special Report when there are no cards in R&D?
|Yes, unless there would be no cards in HQ when Special Report is played, in which case it does not have the potential to change the game state.|
25. Can the Corp play Liquidation while there are no rezzed cards?
26. Can the Corp play Liquidation while there are rezzed cards, but then choose not to trash any cards?
|Yes. Abilities are only checked for their potential to change the game state to determine whether or not those abilities can be triggered. Once an ability begins resolving, it does not have to change the game state.|
Weyland Consortium, Builder of NationsEdit
27. Does Builder of Nations trigger when a piece of ice with advancement tokens on it is trashed?
28. Does Builder of Nations trigger for a piece of ice without any advancement tokens on it that is protecting a server with Satellite Grid rezzed in it?
|Yes. The game treats each piece of ice in a server with Satellite Grid as though it had advancement tokens.|
29. Can the Corp play Financial Collapse while there are no installed resources?
30. The Runner is playing Geist, and Fall Guy and Tech Trader are the only installed resources. If the Corp plays Financial Collapse, can Geist attempt to trash Tech Trader for Financial Collapse, then prevent the trash with Fall Guy? What happens?