Media Blitz checks for targeting when played and only at that time. If you Information Exchange a copied agenda Media Blitz retains the text of said agenda.
Damon, et. al.,
I have some questions about how Media Blitz functions when the Agenda it is copying ceases to exist in the Runner's score area.
Any examples I posit will have the following basic setup.
- Runner's score area contains: Restructured Datapool and Utopia Fragment
- Runner has a tag(s)
- Runner has Turntable is installed.
- Corp score area contains: Any one agenda.
Media Blitz: Choose an agenda in the Runner's score area. Media Blitz gains the text of that agenda.
From how this is worded I can assume: A) I choose which agenda text I want to copy when at the moment I play Media Blitz. B) Media Blitz does not check to see if the agenda it is copying still exists. It has in essence taken that text as its own an no longer needs the agenda to exist in the Runner's score area.
- Is assumption B correct?
- If B is incorrect is Media Blitz constantly checking to see if the Agenda still exists?
Assuming that B is correct, that brings us to the following question.
QUESTION 2: Corp has played Media Blitz and copied Utopia Fragment, it now costs the Runner 2 credits per advancement token on an agenda to steal an agenda.
- If the Corp plays Exchange of Information and swaps an agenda for Utopia Fragment are there in essence "2" copies of the Utopia Fragment in play now? Specifically, does it now cost the Runner 4 credits per advancement token on an agenda to steal an agenda?
|Your assumption is correct, Media Blitz checks for targeting when played and only at that time. If you Information Exchange a copied agenda Media Blitz retains the text of said agenda.
Damon Stone LCG Developer
- Fragments (Eden, Hades, and Utopia) can be doubled up by first playing Media Blitz while it is in the Runner's score area and then use Exchange of Information to swap it into the Corp score area.
- Data Dealer and Artist Colony cannot blank the an active Media Blitz once it has copied the text of an agenda.
NOTE: I have edited out the rules questions predicated on Assumption B being incorrect for brevity and clarity. Click the link above for the full series of questions.