This is the twelfth in a series of unofficial FAQs released with each new data pack. Below are rulings from the ANCUR staff regarding some of the cards in Quorum, as approved by the lead designer Michael Boggs.
1. Can Sifr be used on Lotus Field?
2. What is Wraparound’s strength if there is no fracter installed and the Runner uses Sifr? What if the Runner then installs Paperclip from the heap?
|Wraparound will be 0 strength until the end of the encounter or until another strength modifier is applied. It will still be 0 after Paperclip is installed, as Wraparound losing the +7 strength modifier is not the same as applying a -7 modifier.|
3. The Runner has a Parasite with four counters installed on a rezzed Architect and an Atman with no power counters on it. Can the Runner use Sifr to set Architect’s strength to 0 so they can break it with Atman?
5. Can the Runner use Aaron Marron when they have no tags? How about if the stack is empty?
6. Can the Runner play two Encores on the same turn?
|If the Runner has enough clicks to run successfully on R&D, HQ, and Archives then play two Encores, then the Runner takes two additional turns after that one.|
Peace in Our Time
7. Can the Runner play Peace in Our Time if they’ve already made any runs before spending any clicks, such as with Out of the Ashes or Jak Sinclair?
8. Does the base link strength reduction include any link from installed cards?
9. When the first trace on a turn occurs with Net Quarantine scored, do cloud breakers then cost MU (and subsequently must be trashed if the Runner is over their memory limit)?
|No. Net Quarantine reduces the Runner’s base link strength, which is strength the Runner starts a trace with not the Runner’s current link.|
10. If the Corp plays Paywall Implementation with Bryan Stinson, does it get removed from the game? If so, when? What if the Runner trashes Bryan Stinson before an agenda is stolen or another current is played?
11. If the Corp plays a terminal transaction with Bryan Stinson, such as Violet Level Clearance, does it still get removed from the game?
12. If the Corp spends 1Cr after playing Hedge Fund, do they place 1 power counter on NASX or 9?
|The Corp places 1 power counter on NASX. “That many power counters” refers to the number of credits “up to 2” that the Corp spends.|
13. Does NASX trigger before or after the credits are gained? E.g. If the Corp plays Beanstalk Royalties with 0Cr in their credit pool, can they use NASX at all?
|NASX triggers after the credits are gained, so after playing Beanstalk Royalties the Corp can spend those credits for the NASX ability.|
14. Does taking credits from a card (e.g. Corporate Sales Team) trigger NASX?
15. Does moving credits from Sealed Vault to the Corp’s credit pool trigger NASX?
16. If the first subroutine on Macrophage resolves and the trace is successful, but there are no virus counters hosted on cards and no cards that will be trashed from the purge effect, does the Corp still lose 2Cr from Fester?
|Yes. Subroutines that are not broken must resolve, even if they will not have any direct effect on the game state.|